Sunday, July 31, 2011

Winter Wedding?!

Yes. December 2012 - and, if possible, December 29, 2012.

I think it's going to be magical and wintery and romantic and cozy-by-the-fireplace and just perfect.

But finding that perfect venue is just proving so difficult. Many places seem to be set up for summer weddings (or spring, summer, and fall weddings). There seem to be far fewer that are equipped for winter weddings.

I swear that I've looked (online) at every single wedding venue in New Hampshire, at least six times. I keep hoping that one will appear that I haven't seen before and it will be beautiful and everything I want.

Other people who I've seen doing wedding planning seem to figure this out right away. I've been stuck on this step for months now.

Now, it's time for the mantra: I will not be a bridezilla, I will not be a bridezilla...

4 comments:

  1. I always thought that the Cathedral In The Pines would be a magical place to have a wedding. I'm not sure about in winter though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's 3 months to the date later than ours! Good luck finding a place. I found that to be the absolutely most fucking stressful part of everything (so far). If we still had a barn, I'd totally offer it to you. Kyle & Laurie had there's in a castle thing east of home near Canobie -- wonder if they could do winters. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you look at the Hanover Inn? Pretty pricey, but they do events in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave: Yeah, the Winter thing is the part that is difficult. The Cathedral in the Pines is gorgeous, though.

    Danielle: Do you have your venue all nailed down, then? And, will you tell me where it is? (Don't worry - I won't copy you!!)

    Jodel: I have looked at the Hanover Inn. It seems like a possibility. But, it's not absolutely perfect (my standards may have to change - I realize this).

    ReplyDelete